The mathematics department will be hosting an internal research experience for undergraduates and early graduate students in Summer 2023. If your idea of fun is thinking about mathematics, then this may be your chance for getting paid for having fun.
What's the job?
- You will be part of a group of researchers working on math problems, guided by the official mentor.
- You will be expected to be around most of the time, attend official functions, and be expected to work about 20 hours per week.
- Pay is $15/hr for 20 hours a week (that is, $300/week).
Summer 2023 Projects
Offers to undergraduate students will be made by late March
To Be Announced...
How do I apply?
Applications for the above Summer 2023 REU projects will open in February 2023. Applications will be due in early March, and offers to students will be made by late March. If you have any questions, please contact Nat Thiem.
A completed application includes:
- This completed Google form (MUST be signed in to Google with your CU identikey)
- A .pdf copy of your (un)official transcript (note that you can't have graduated before Summer 2023)
- A ranking of the projects you'd be interested in participating in
- A statement describing why you would like to do mathematics research, and if applicable why your favorite project is especially compelling to you. Other things you might add to your statement include:
- If your experience does not meet the prerequisites of a project, but you nevertheless feel prepared, then please explain why
- If you unsuccessfully applied to this REU in previous years, please let us know (in general this will positively affect your application)
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer. Human diversity includes, but is not limited to ethnicity, race, gender, age, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, religion, disability, political viewpoints, veteran status, gender identity or expression, and health status.