Studying Squiggly Squiggles
Supervisor: Dr. Cracked Pot
Timeline: Students will work 5 hrs/week during one semester of 2037-2038 academic year. This is a paid position generously supported by UROP.
Students: A team of 4 students each semester.
Squiggly squiggles are not the topic of any actual project. This is just a mockup. But if they were, they would be central to all of mathematics and have applications to quantum computing, cryptography, particle physics and daytime television.
Application: Due August 10th for Fall 2037. We are seeking applicants with both technical skills and mathematical/statistical skills. Math 2001 is a pre-requisite. An application consists of:
- a personal statement about how your skills and interests fit the project, including any ideas you may have about squiggly squiggles
- a brief easily readable CV showing:
- math/stats classes taken (with grades)
- programming and computer skills/experience (include links if applicable)
- design/art/making skills/experience (include links if applicable)
- teamwork/leadership/outreach experience
- a statement of your scheduling availability during Fall 2037 (basic weekly schedule if known; credit hour load and other job hour load)
- please attach your transcript
Please email these materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line including the term "SQUIGGLY".