Before the Event
The only on-site ticket sales occur at the door the evening of the performance. The Macky Auditorium box office is located in the west lobby and generally opens one hour prior to show time. Only tickets for that evening’s performance will be available.
Will Call tickets are available in the Macky Will Call box office, typically located in the East Lobby, one hour prior to show time. To pick up in advance or make inquiries about your tickets, please contact the presenting organization.
Please contact the show’s sponsor with inquiries about the content or running time.
Sorry, all sales for tickets sold by Macky Auditorium are final and we do not offer refunds. Macky Auditorium tickets sold through the Vendini platform can be resold and transferred to somebody else using the Walletini app (Macky does not provide technical support for this app).
For tickets not sold by Macky Auditorium: Depending on the event promoter, you may still return tickets you know you’re not going to use, or consider exchanging your tickets for another performance within their own series, if available. For further information on refunds, returns and exchanges, please visit the presenter' website (the website or outlet where you bought the tickets). Keep in mind that each presenter may have different policies from Macky Auditorium.
Yes, Macky Auditorium is wheelchair accessible. We strive to provide excellent service to all Macky patrons and we take all reasonable measures to accommodate guests with disabilities. There are designated wheelchair spaces on the main floor of the auditorium and there are two wheelchair accessible entrance ramps into the building. Please see the Accessibility section for more information.
We continuously strive to improve the experience of our patrons, so our policies and logistics may differ from one event to another. Please call our Patron Services department at (303) 492-2736 for guidance and information.
While we love our furry friends, no animals may be brought into the venue with the exception of trained service dogs for those guests with disabilities.
SERVICE ANIMALS POLICY
- Trained service dogs (as defined by Title II & Title III of the ADA) are welcomed on leash or harness at any aisle seat. Please let staff know upon arrival with your service dog.
- Because some performances may use aisles for artists entrances, and to allow guests and staff safe egress, the aisles must be kept clear at all times; please keep your service dog next to your seat.
- Guests with service dogs that are not well-behaved or endanger others will be asked to leave.
- For the safety and comfort of our guests and staff, pets and therapy animals are not permitted.
At the Event
Macky Auditorium is located at the intersection of 17th Street and University Avenue in Boulder on the CU campus. In Boulder, take Broadway to University Avenue or Arapahoe Avenue to 17th Street. To chart driving directions online, use the address “1595 Pleasant Street, Boulder, CO 80309”. For detailed driving information, please view the section Directions.
Parking near Macky can sometimes be difficult, especially if there are multiple events occurring on or around campus. We recommend that you allow for extra time in planning your arrival at Macky. Some parking options are: the metered parking along University Avenue, the Euclid Avenue Autopark, street parking around Boulder High School and 17th Street, and street parking in the University Hill neighborhood. In addition, most University lots are available to the public on weekdays after 5 p.m. and on weekends for a small fee. Signage at the lots will indicate policy and cost. For more parking information, please visit our Parking page or call University Parking Services at 303-492-7384.
For most events, ADA parking is available in front of Macky for vehicles with the appropriate license plate or tab.
Yes, to be dropped off at the front of the building enter campus at the intersection of 17th Street and University Avenue. At most Macky events there will be parking attendants on site to assist with directions and parking. For events occurring Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m., please contact the Macky office at 303-492-8423 for specific instructions.
Please contact the event’s sponsor with inquiries about content or running time.
There is no uniform dress code for events at Macky; patrons come dressed in everything from blue jeans to suits and cocktail dresses. The standard policy of “no shirt, no shoes, no entry” is enforced. Please contact the show’s sponsor for show specific recommendations.
For safety and security reasons, please refrain from bringing the following items to Macky events:
- Backpacks or messenger bags
- Alcoholic beverages or illegal substances and paraphernalia (including medical marijuana or associated marijuana products)
- Sharp objects, including pocket knives of any kind or size
- Pepper spray
- Open bottles, cans, or glass bottles
- Photography audio or video recording equipment – photo, video, or audio (No detachable lenses, Tripods, Big Zooms, or Commercial Use Rigs)
- Umbrellas of any size
- Firearms or weapons of any type (including handguns carried in accordance w/ the Colorado Conceal & Carry Act)
- Designated artificial noise makers such as whistles or air horns and laser pointers
- Signs or flags on sticks or poles of any kind including selfie sticks, regardless of length
- Any unapproved sporting equipment or goods including signs or banners, footballs, frisbees, inflatable balls, balloons, totems
- Skateboards, skates, bicycles, non-ADA mobility devices
- Fireworks, ammunition or any explosive material or liquid
- Animals with the exception of service animals - must have service animal vest on
- Drones or any airborne items
- Any items deemed dangerous or unacceptable by event management.
Yes! Please call us at (303) 492-8423 and we will do our best to help.
Because Macky is located on a university campus, most of our employees are students. As such, we typically do a round of hiring in late August and occasionally in early January. However, we will sometimes have opportunities for non-students, usually as Stage Technicians. For information about employment opportunities at Macky, please follow this link to University of Colorado employment search site. The link will take you directly to the Macky Auditorium employment search page.
There are currently no available opportunities to volunteer at Macky Auditorium.