Becoming familiar with your new environment will help make the transition to campus life an easier one. Below you'll find some of the services our housing options feature to make your space feel more like home!
Residence Hall Services
All residence halls have washers and dryers that can be operated with coins or by using Campus Cash (stored on your Buff OneCard). We also provide a convenient service called LaundryView, which helps you track your laundry's progress while you're continuing on with your busy day!
Housing & Dining Services partners with UPS to handle all of our students' mailing, printing, shipping and storage needs, including Home2Home. They operate as both a UPS store and a United States Postal Service (USPS) approved vendor.
Keeping our environments safe and clean is a partnership between residents and staff. We provide daily housekeeping services to public areas like community bathrooms and common areas, and maintenance services are always a click away at Fix It.
- Hall Amenities: All halls have study and lounge areas, bicycle racks, laundry facilities. They also all have a 24-hour community center (front desk) where you can borrow games, sports equipment and cleaning supplies, and go if you are locked out of your room or need assistance.
- Buff OneCard: The Buff OneCard is your official campus ID, and depending on your status and choices, could also be your hall and room key, bank card and hold your meal plan. Visit the Buff OneCard site for details.
Community centers are the hearts and social hubs of each residence hall through providing information, social activities and making sure residents feel at home when they enter their communities. As a part of community centers, each student staff member will greet all visitors and will be prepared to assist with any needs they have. The primary purpose of our community centers is to make our halls a more welcoming, engaging and inclusive environment for all!
Visit your community center to:
- Check out various games and cleaning supplies
- Sign out a temp key for your room
- Participate in hall activities
- Become involved
- Ask general questions
- Resident Advisors (RAs)
- Student support staff who live in the residence halls. They have been through freshman year and are available to support you as you make the transition from home to college life. Whether it be a tough break-up, academic struggles or homesickness, your RA is there to help. You can also expect them to reach out to you periodically throughout the year—they'll be interested to get to know you and ask how you're experiencing college life.
- Hall Directors
- Professional staff that either live right in the hall or very close by. Through student development, community-building events and one-on-one interactions, hall directors help residents gain important life skills that support their success in college and their lives after graduation.
Bear Creek Apartment Services
Each floor of Bear Creek has a laundry room (with the exception of floor 6). The washers and dryers can be operated with coins or with Campus Cash on your Buff OneCard.
Bear Creek partners with The UPS Store to handle resident's mail and packages. The mailroom for Bear Creek is located in the Village Central and you will be issued a key to your mailbox during move-in. Learn more information about Bear Creek mail here.
Residents may report any needed routine repairs or problems by requesting a work order through our online service, Fix It. For a maintenance emergency (burst pipe, broken window, etc.) please call 303-735-5555. For apartment lock-outs, contact the community center (front desk).
- Community Center: The community center (front desk) acts as both as an information hub and the center of activity at Bear Creek. It's located in Building A and features a full self-service coffee bar, lounge and study areas, private meeting room and more!
- Movies, games and vaccuum rentals: Items are available for check-out at the Bear Creek front desk. Rent anything from DVDs and basketballs to vacuums and game room equipement. (48 hour rental limit on DVDs and video games, 2 hour limit on vaccuums and dollies and 8 hour limit on game equipment.
- Keys: Keys for individual bedrooms are issued to residents during move-in. If you lose your key, please notify the community center (front desk) immediately.
- Recycling and Trash: Each floor has a recycling/trash room located near the elevator. Please make sure to place items in the correct containers.
- Summer Storage: The UPS Store partners with Housing & Dining Services (including Bear Creek) to provide all mailing, shipping and storage needs. Summer storage is available to our residents and more information is available on The UPS Store website.
- Because of COVID the coffee machine has been removed. Not sure when/if we’ll get it back.
- Our movie, game and vacuums are checked out (not “rented”) but those items are also limited because of COVID
- We no longer issue keys for bedrooms. Salto locks have been installed and they use their BuffOne card for access.
Graduate and Family Housing Services
Most areas in Graduate & Family Housing have coin-operated washers and dryers for residents to use. If you're unsure of the ones located nearest your apartment, please contact your resident manager or the Graduate & Family Housing Office at 303-492-6384. Additionally, LaundryView is available so you can monitor your laundry status from your phone or computer!
Regular mail is delivered to resident's secured mailboxes (located at various points around your complex) and packages will be delivered to resident's front door.
Keeping our environments safe and clean is a partnership between residents and staff. We provide daily housekeeping services to public areas and maintenance services are always just a click away at Fix It.
- Buff OneCard: All Graduate & Family Housing residents are eligible for an official campus ID. Students can apply for their card either on the Buff OneCard website or at the Buff OneCard Office in the Center for Community, room N180. The cost is included in the student fees. Nonstudent residents may get their card at the Buff OneCard Office for a fee.
- Local Schools: If you are moving to Boulder and have school-aged children, Boulder Valley School District (BVSD) is the public school system available offering K-12 education. For detailed information, please visit the BVSD website