This process is open to all undergraduate students and those who transferred or deferred their admission to the Academic Year 2021-22.
Access to the housing application is granted after the following:
- $200 confirmation deposit has been paid to Admissions
- the Identikey security credentials has been confirmed
Please note it takes 3-5 business days after completing both before the housing application can be accessed. This should be taken into consideration for any upcoming deadlines.
- The priority deadline for the housing application was May 6, 2021. You may still apply at this time, however the date you complete your application may impact your ability to participate in the building change request process and roommate request process. We recommend completing the application as soon as possible.
- The application may take 30-45 minutes to complete. It also will take some research before submitting preferences.
- Submit 8 Living Experience preferences, 3 of which must be from the Traditional Living Experience options.
- CU Boulder Disability Services reviews requests for housing and dining accommodations for students with documented disability-related needs on an individual basis. If you feel you require a housing or dining accommodation, please submit your request as soon as you are able, ideally before you move in, so we can best meet your needs. For instructions to request a housing or dining accommodation, please visit the Disability Services Housing Accommodations page.
- Rolling contract offer process will begin mid-May. The offer will be sent to your Colorado email address. When you are selected, you must sign the contract and fill out profile information for roommate selection by the deadline in the offer to not be waitlisted for housing.
- Completed applications (signed contracts) will be collected and randomly assigned to their preferences based on eligibility, availability of room type, and living experience.
- Preferences are not guaranteed and students are assigned to the next best Traditional Experience if the selected preferences are not available.
- Students may be assigned to temporary rooms until a permanent assignment can be identified.
- We have 30 living experiences to choose from, don’t be afraid to contact Student Housing (303) 492.6673 (M-F 9-4:00 MST) as we may be able to assist you in narrowing your preferences to those that are best for you.
Processes and dates may change as we are still navigating the changing needs of COVID-19 and our local/state guidelines. We are committed to providing processes that support a safe living environment for our students.