All student residents must be full-time, degree-seeking, students in order to qualify to live in Graduate & Family Housing. If you are graduating, you must fill out an Intent to Vacate form 30 days before you move out. Be aware that there are specific dates by which graduates must vacate, and therefore must fill out the Intent to Vacate form 30 days prior to these dates. Failure to do this will result in charges.
- August graduates must move out the Sunday after graduation.
Leave of Absence
The University of Colorado has a Leave of Absence program that provides an opportunity for you to leave the university for a semester without losing your place in your current college/school. You must be in good academic standing and have the dean’s approval. Re-enrollment in the university is guaranteed when you return.
For Graduate & Family Housing purposes, you may go on the Leave of Absence program for one semester only.
For more specifics, contact the Office of the Registrar at 303-492-8673.
Vacation and Break Instructions
Before you leave for a vacation or break, please ensure your apartment is properly secured and prepared.
- Turn off all lights and appliances (leave refrigerator on and plugged in)
- Turn off all alarm clocks
- Check that water faucets are turned off and not dripping
- Remove all trash and recycling
- In winter, make sure that the thermostat is set to 65 degrees (Fahrenheit) will ensure pipes don't freeze/burst if there is extremely cold weather
- Be sure to stop newspaper deliveries and inform the post office of the dates you will be away so that they can hold your mail
- Please notify your resident manager or the Graduate & Family Housing Office