Civil, Architectural, and Environmental Engineering at University of Miami
2017 Outstanding Ph.D. Research Award by College of Engineering
First Job After Graduation:
Research Engineer at Schneider Electric
- Outstanding Graduate Award. Department of Civil, Architecture and Environmental Engineering, University of Miami. 2017.
- ASHRAE Grant-in-Aid Award. ASHRAE, $10,000. 2017.
- Outstanding Ph.D. Research Award. College of Engineering, University of Miami. 2017.
- NSF Travel Award for attending the Symposium on Building Energy Uncertainty and Risk Analysis at the Georgia Tech. 2014.
- ASHRAE/IBPSA-USA student travel scholarship for attending the ASHRAE/IBPSA-USA Building Simulation Conference in Atlanta, Georgia. 2014.
- W. Tian, X. Han, W. Zuo, Q. Wang, Y. Fu, M. Jin 2019. “An Optimization Platform Based on Coupled Indoor Environment and HVAC Simulation and Its Application in Optimal Thermostat Placement.” Energy and Buildings, 199, pp. 342-251.
- W. Tian, J.W. VanGilder, X. Han, C.M. Healey, M.B. Condor, W. Zuo 2019. “A New Fast Fluid Dynamics Model for Data-Center Floor Plenums.” ASHRAE Transactions, 125, pp. 141-148.
- W. Tian, X. Han, W. Zuo, M. Sohn 2018. "Building Energy Simulation Coupled with CFD for Indoor Environment: A Critical Review and Recent Applications." Energy and Buildings, 165, pp.184-199.
- W. Tian, T. A. Sevilla, D. Li, W. Zuo, M. Wetter 2018. "Fast and Self-Learning Indoor Airflow Simulation Based on In Situ Adaptive Tabulation." Journal of Building Performance Simulation, 11(1), pp. 99-112.
- Q. Wang, Y. Pan, M. Zhu, Z. Huang, W. Tian, W. Zuo, X. Han, P. Xu 2017. "A State-Space Method for Real-Time Transient Simulation of Indoor Airflow." Building and Environment, 126, pp. 184-194.
- W. Tian, T. A. Sevilla, W. Zuo, M. Sohn 2017. "Coupling Fast Fluid Dynamics and Multizone Airflow Models in Modelica Buildings Library to Simulate the Dynamics of HVAC System." Building and Environment, 122, pp. 269-286.
- W. Tian, T. A. Sevilla, W. Zuo 2017. “A Systematic Evaluation of Accelerating Indoor Airflow Simulations Using Cross Platform Parallel Computing.” Journal of Building Performance Simulation, 10(3), pp. 243-255.
- W. Zuo, M. Wetter, W. Tian, D. Li, M. Jin, Q. Chen 2016. "Coupling Indoor Airflow, HVAC, Control and Building Envelope Heat Transfer in the Modelica Buildings Library.” Journal of Building Performance Simulation, 9(4), pp. 366-381.
Peer Reviewed Conference Papers:
- X. Han, W. Tian, W. Zuo, J.W. VanGilder 2019. “Optimization of Workload Distribution of Data Centers Based on a Self-Learning In Situ Adaptive Tabulation Model.” Proceeding of the 16th Conference of International Building Performance Simulation Association (Building Simulation 2019), September 2-4, Rome, Italy.
- W. Tian, J.W. VanGilder, M.B. Condor, X. Han, W. Zuo 2019. “An Accurate Fast Fluid Dynamics Model for Data Center Applications.” The Intersociety Conference on Thermal and Thermomechanical Phenomena in Electronic Systems (ITherm 2019), May 28-31, Las Vegas, NV.
- W. Tian, Y. Fu, Q. Wang, T. A. Sevilla, W. Zuo 2018. “Optimization on Thermostat Location in an Office Room Using the Coupled Simulation Platform in Modelica Buildings Library: A Pilot Study.” Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Building Energy and Environment (COBEE2018), pp. 569-574, February 5-9, Melbourne, Australia.
- T. A. Sevilla, W. Tian, Y. Fu, W. Zuo 2018. “Low-Cost Acoustic Sensor Array for Building Geometry Mapping Using Echolocation for Real-Time Building Model Creation.” Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Building Energy and Environment (COBEE2018), pp. 323-328, February 5-9, Melbourne, Australia.
- W. Tian, W. Zuo, T. A. Sevilla, M. Sohn 2017. “Coupled Simulation Between CFD and Multizone Models Based on Modelica Buildings Library to Study Indoor Environment Control.” Proceedings of the 12th International Modelica Conference, pp. 55-61, May 15-17, Prague, Czech Republic.
- D. Li, W. Tian, W. Zuo, M. Wetter 2016. “Simulation Using In Situ Adaptive Tabulation and Fast Fluid Dynamics.” Proceedings of the ASHRAE and IBPSA-USA SimBuild 2016: Building Performance Modeling Conference, pp. 65-71, August 8-12, Salt Lake City, UT.
- M. Wetter, M. Bonvini, T. S. Nouidui, W. Tian, W. Zuo 2015. “Modelica Buildings Library 2.0.” Proceedings of the 14th Conference of International Building Performance Simulation Association (Building Simulation 2015), pp. 387-394, December 7-9, Hyderabad, India.
- W. Zuo, M. Wetter, D. Li, M. Jin, W. Tian, Q. Chen 2014. “Coupled Simulation of Indoor Environment, HVAC and Control System by Using Fast Fluid Dynamics and the Modelica Buildings Library.” Proceedings of the 2014 ASHRAE/IBPSA-USA Building Simulation Conference, pp. 56-63, September 10-12, Atlanta, GA.
- W. Tian, W. Zuo 2013. “Literature Review and Research Needs to Couple Building Energy and Airflow Simulation.” Proceedings of the APEC Conference on Low-carbon Towns and Physical Energy Storage, pp. 492-496, May 25-26, Changsha, China.