Thomas Sevilla received his Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering in 2015 from the University of Miami. Since then, he has worked as an embedded systems engineer designing state of the art instrumentation for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration(NOAA). Consequently, he joined the Ph.D. Program in Civil Engineering at the University of Miami, Coral Gables, in 2016. He is currently a Ph.D. Candidate and is under the advising of Dr. Wangda Zuo; he still works as an engineer at NOAA. His research interests include Computational Fluid Dynamics, Building Energy Systems Modeling, Parallel Computing, Computer Vision, and IoT Systems for building applications.
- S. Huang, T. Sevilla, W. Zuo 2019, Chapter 19 “Modeling in Building-to-Grid Integration” in Building Performance Simulation for Design and Operation(Edition 2), Edited by J.L.M. Hensen and R. Lamberts, Routledge Taylor & Francis Group. ISBN 9781138392199.
- W. Tian, T. A. Sevilla, D. Li, W. Zuo, M. Wetter 2018. "Fast and Self-Learning Indoor Airflow Simulation Based on In Situ Adaptive Tabulation." Journal of Building Performance Simulation, 11(1), pp. 99-112.
- W. Tian, T. A. Sevilla, W. Zuo, M. Sohn 2017. "Coupling Fast Fluid Dynamics and Multizone Airflow Models in Modelica Buildings Library to Simulate the Dynamics of HVAC System." Building and Environment, 122, pp. 269-286.
- W. Tian, T. A. Sevilla, W. Zuo 2017. “A Systematic Evaluation of Accelerating Indoor Airflow Simulations Using Cross Platform Parallel Computing.” Journal of Building Performance Simulation, 10(3), pp. 243-255.
Peer Reviewed Conference Papers:
- W. Tian, Y. Fu, Q. Wang, T. A. Sevilla, W. Zuo 2018. “Optimization on Thermostat Location in an Office Room Using the Coupled Simulation Platform in Modelica Buildings Library: A Pilot Study.” Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Building Energy and Environment (COBEE2018), pp. 569-574, February 5-9, Melbourne, Australia.
- T. A. Sevilla, W. Tian, Y. Fu, W. Zuo 2018. “Low-Cost Acoustic Sensor Array for Building Geometry Mapping Using Echolocation for Real-Time Building Model Creation.” Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Building Energy and Environment (COBEE2018), pp. 323-328, February 5-9, Melbourne, Australia.
- W. Tian, W. Zuo, T. A. Sevilla, M. Sohn 2017. “Coupled Simulation Between CFD and Multizone Models Based on Modelica Buildings Library to Study Indoor Environment Control.” Proceedings of the 12th International Modelica Conference, pp. 55-61, May 15-17, Prague, Czech Republic.