The University of Colorado Boulder and its ISSS office are dedicated to supporting international students and scholars. We value the contributions you make to the campus and community and are committed to working together to assist you during these uncertain times.
We stand united in support of our international students.
University of Colorado Boulder
- Statement in Support of You and Your Participation in Optional Practical Training (OPT)
- CU Boulder’s Comment Submitted to Department of Homeland Security Opposing Proposed Rule to Eliminate Duration of Status
- CU Boulder Statement Opposing Proposed Change to Duration of Status Policy
- CU Boulder hails ICE decision to drop new restriction for international students
University of Colorado System
University of Colorado President Mark Kennedy, CU Boulder Chancellor Phil DiStefano and the chancellors of CU’s other three campuses on July 14 issued a statement of support for challenging the ICE ruling of July 6, 2020.
University of Colorado Boulder Partners
CU Boulder also stands behind its partner affiliations and their statements of support for international students.
- American Council on Education (ACE)
- Association of American Universities (AAU)
- Association of Public & Land-Grant Universities (APLU)
Colorado Higher Education Community
Colorado university and college presidents, chancellors, and executive officers along with the Colorado Department of Higher Education united to send a letter to Colorado senators and congressional representatives to express concern over the recent SEVP guidance and to urge Congress to allow international students maintaining status to continue their education though online, in-person, or hybrid coursework regardless of whether they are present inside or outside the United States.
Colorado Attorney General's Office
Colorado joined a coalition of 18 attorneys general in filing a lawsuit to stop the federal rule that threatens to bar hundreds of thousands of international students from studying in the United States and thousands of students from studying in Colorado.
Students and scholars are welcome to reach out to their members of Congress as constituents to express their views about policy issues that impact them personally. To do so, input your zip code using the U.S. House's "Find Your Representative" tool to determine your U.S. House Member. You can also reach out to Senators Michael Bennet and Cory Gardner, who represent all Coloradans.