Confirm your event space
- Contact CU Events Planning & Catering to schedule a space on campus to hold your event.
- If your event requries university funding to proceed, bring your funding request to us. Just be sure to have a confirmation of the space where you intend to hold the event.
- Many funding boards will not hear proposals until you have formally reserved a space.
- Attach a copy of your event confirmation to your funding request.
Questions to ask
CU Events Planning & Catering will ask some questions about your intended event. You should think about the following prior to calling:
- Is the facility available on the date that you would like to hold the event?
- Is the facility large enough for the event?
- Are there any other events being held in the facility that will conflict with this event?
- Are the technical capabilities of the facility adequate?
- Does the facility have the necessary technical personnel on staff?
- Are there any additional fees for set-up, clean up or equipment use?
- Will extra security be needed for your event? What is the cost?
Using university facilities
When it comes to using university facilities, accept responsibility for sponsoring and supervising the program. By hosting the event, you also accept responsibility for assuring that the scheduled facilities are used for the purpose for which they were scheduled. Addtionally, your RSO accepts responsibility for operating costs (which include rental fees, non-routine clean up, and security) and for reimbursing the university for damage to university property or facilities that might occur in connection with that scheduled activity. As a reminder:
- Ensure that all event promotion and advertising involving the use of university facilities identifies the individual or group sponsoring the event.
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure that the use of scheduled facilities complies with local, state, and national laws, and university policies and regulations.