Human Resources CU Boulder
The campus has a first-year onboarding process for all new employees. Welcome, and read a summary of the onboarding check-lists.
The Basics at ICS
- Discrimination and Harassment - this course ensures that you are aware of your rights and the rights of your co-workers. This course is accessed through SkillSoft in the CU Portal.
- Bystander Intervention - CU Boulder's Chancellor has mandated bystander training for all faculty, staff, and students.
- In addition, because of substances used in many ICS labs, you may be required to take Hazardous Materials training. Please talk to your supervisor if you have any questions about required training.
Specifics by Job Type
The ICS payroll liaison will meet with you to go over many of these details when you are hired.
- The ICS office can assist you with getting building access and parking permits.
- Regular employees with a 20% or greater appointment will receive an RTD Ecopass, which allows free bus transportation.
- If you have questions about computers, internet access, or your CU Identikey, email Jean.Bowen@colorado.edu. Your letter of offer will include details about your salary, leave accruals, and benefits eligibility.
You may be required to take additional training modules on purchasing, travel, and information security, depending on your duties.
- Your supervisor or your ICS grant manager for your project can advise you about additional training needed for your position.
- These training modules are available in the CU Portal and you will receive instructions on how to access them.
Employees with regular appointments must use the CU My Leave application in the CU Portal.
- Record both paid and unpaid time off, such as vacation, sick leave, jury duty, etc.
- They must certify and submit a timesheet monthly. Accurate reporting of time off use is a fiscal responsibility.
- Supervisors are responsible for reviewing and approving timesheets by the payroll due date.
- The ICS payroll liaison, Ellen MacKenzie will send an email reminder monthly. If you have any questions about using My Leave, please email Ellen MacKenzie.