Arts & Sciences Honors Program Scholarships
In addition to merit-based scholarships for incoming freshmen, the Honors Program is currently offering one scholarship for continuing Honors Program students:
Diamond Stecher Family Endowed Scholarship
The Diamond Stecher Family Endowed Scholarship is awarded to students in the Honors Program in the College of Arts and Sciences. The scholarship is awarded to one student for the current academic year and is split equally between the fall and spring ($1,000 in the fall and $1,000 in the spring). Students must have an Honors Thesis in progress, must be planning to defend their thesis in Fall 2023 or Spring 2024, and must be planning to graduate in Spring 2024 or later.
Applications for the 2023-2024 academic year will open on Monday, August 21st, and the deadline to apply is September 17, 2023.
You must submit a prospectus, preliminary bibliography, timeline, and completed application cover page by the scholarship application deadline, but you must also complete the online Honors Thesis registration process for by the October 3rd deadline (for those defending in Spring 2024) to graduate with Honors. For more information on the registration process for graduating with Honors, please visit our Honors Thesis page.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Must have an Honors Thesis currently in progress
- Must submit a prospectus, preliminary bibliography, timeline, combined into a single PDF, by the scholarship application deadline. Please be sure to include your name and student ID on the document.
- Must submit the Thesis registration packet to the Honors Program by the thesis submission deadline
- Must be planning to defend your thesis in Fall 2023 or Spring 2024
- Must have completed, or be in the process of completing, at least two Honors Program courses (Honors Program courses are designated by section numbers between 880-889R)
- Must be planning to graduate in Spring 2024 or later
- Complete the scholarship application via the Buff Portal using the instructions below
- Submit your Thesis Registration Packet by completing the online registration form, including uploading your prospectus, preliminary bibliography, and timeline by the registration deadline. The registration deadline for a Fall 2023 defense was May 2, 2023 and the deadline for a Spring 2024 defense is October 3, 2023. Click here for instructions on how to register your thesis with the Honors Program Office
How to apply for the scholarship:
- Visit Buff Portal (https://buffportal.colorado.edu/)
- Click the 'Scholarships' card, found within the Finances card group within the main menu
- Click the ‘Apply for & Manage Scholarships'. A new tab will open the CU Boulder Scholarship Application
- Complete the general application questions and essay, and click ‘Submit’
- Click ‘Start Applying’, and a list of scholarships will appear
- If you do not see the Diamond Stecher scholarship listed, you can search for it in the search field.
- Click ‘Apply’ next to the scholarship name to complete the application and supplemental question.
- You can click on ‘My Applications’ in the menu bar to view the status of your applications.
Giving to the Honors Program
The College of Arts and Sciences Honors Program provides a wide variety of opportunities for academically motivated undergraduate students to connect with exceptional faculty and peers. These opportunities include taking Honors Program courses, graduating with Latin honors through the writing and defense of an honors thesis and the possibility of having their work published in our highly respected Honors Journal. Gifts to these funds help us to maintain and build Honors Program opportunities for CU Boulder undergraduate students and to fund activities that enhance our community of student scholars.