Arts & Sciences Honors Program Scholarships
In addition to merit-based scholarships for incoming freshmen, the Honors Program is currently offering one scholarship for continuing Honors Program students:
Diamond Stecher Family Endowed Scholarship
The Diamond Stecher Family Endowed Scholarship is awarded to students in the Honors Program in the College of Arts and Sciences. The scholarship is awarded to one student for the current academic year and is split equally between the fall and spring ($1,000 in the fall and $1,000 in the spring). Students must have an Honors Thesis in progress, must be planning to defend their thesis in Fall 2021 or Spring 2022, and must be planning to graduate in Spring 2022 or later.
Applications for this scholarship will be accepted starting August 16th and the deadline for applying is September 17, 2021.
You must submit a prospectus, preliminary bibliography, timeline, and completed application cover page by the scholarship application deadline, but you must also complete the online Honors Thesis registration process by the October 6th deadline to graduate with Honors. For more information on the registration process for graduating with Honors, please visit our Honors Thesis page.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Must have an Honors Thesis currently in progress
- Must submit a prospectus, preliminary bibliography, timeline, and completed application cover page, combined into a single PDF, by the scholarship application deadline
- Must submit the Thesis registration packet to the Honors Program by the thesis submission deadline
- Must be planning to defend your thesis in Fall 2021 or Spring 2022
- Must have completed at least three Honors Program courses
- Must be planning to graduate in Spring 2022 or later
- Complete the supplemental questions (below) and personal essay online
- Electronically submit your current academic transcript (this may be an unofficial copy)
- Electronically submit your Thesis Registration Packet by combining your prospectus, preliminary bibliography, timeline, and completed application cover page into a single PDF and emailing it to email@example.com. You can download the application cover page here.
- Please also submit your Thesis Registration Packet by completing the online registration form, including uploading your prospectus, preliminary bibliography, and timeline by the registration deadline. The registration deadline for a Fall 2021 defense is April 27th, 2021 and the deadline for a Spring 2022 defense is October 6th, 2021. Click here for instructions on how to register your thesis with the Honors Program Office
How to apply for the scholarship:
- Visit Buff Portal (https://buffportal.colorado.edu/)
- Click the 'Scholarships' card, found within the Finances card group within the main menu
- Click the ‘Apply for & Manage Scholarships'. A new tab will open the CU Boulder Scholarship Application
- Complete the general application questions and essay, and click ‘Submit’
- Click ‘Start Applying’, and a list of scholarships will appear
- If you do not see the Diamond Stecher scholarship listed, you can search for it in the search field.
- Click ‘Apply’ next to the scholarship name to complete the application and supplemental question.
- You can click on ‘My Applications’ in the menu bar to view the status of your applications.