Are you honors-qualified but aren't receiving our emails regarding upcoming events?
Honors Film Club
For all you movie Buffs out there, check out the Honors Film Club, hosted by Dr. Steve Dike! Each week, he features a movie available to you for free via the University Libraries' extensive collection. Watch the movie on your own, then join the group on Thursday nights at 7pm to discuss! Here is the Zoom link for the Thursday events: https://cuboulder.zoom.us/j/94078895514 (password sent via newsletters or by request)
These events are BYOP - bring your own popcorn!
Spring 2021 Lineup:
January 21: Casablanca
January 28: Lady Bird
February is Black History Month: Themed Movies all Month Long
February 4: I am Not Your Negro
February 11: Moonlight
February 18: Sorry to Bother You
February 25: 42
March 4: Woman in the Dunes
March 11: Smoke Signals
March 18: Mulholland Dr.
March 25: Tangerine
April's Theme is Sci-Fi:
April 1: Blade Runner
April 8: 2001: A Space Odyssey
April 15: Children of Men
April 22: Her
The Monday Mixer
The soon to be renamed "Monday Mixer" is moving to Fridays! Each week we'll feature a different topic or event via Zoom on Fridays, usually at 7PM:
Join Dr. Jeffrey Chadwick on Friday, January 22nd from 6:30PM to 7:30PM for an online discussion about the Radiolab "More Perfect" Podcast regarding the Supreme Court Case: Korematsu v. United States. This podcast revisits the internment of Japanese Americans during WWII and the continual fight and personal costs for "a more perfect union." There will be time before and after the discussion for you to visit with your fellow students. Please listen to the podcast prior to the event.
The event will be held via Zoom at: https://cuboulder.zoom.us/j/98032430906. The password to access the meeting will be sent via email newsletters or by request.
TV with a Prof
Interested in writing an honors thesis? Hear current thesis students present their research and reflect on the thesis writing process, followed by a Q&A session. The Fall 2020 Symposium was held on December 1st. If you'd like to watch the recorded Thesis Symposium event, please click here. You will need a password to watch it; please email the Honors Program to request the passcode. Our guest speakers were:
"The Impact of a Student’s Familial, Socioeconomic, and Educational Background on Academic Performance"
"Collisions in Space: Dust directionality and interplanetary dust populations detected by Parker Solar Probe"
"An Epistemological Genealogy of Neoliberalism"
You are also welcome to catch up with some previous thesis presentations and we recommend you check out our Honors Thesis - Getting Started handout. If you still have questions, please feel free to email email@example.com or call Janelle at 303-492-6617.
SciTalks Lecture Series
The Honors Program features talks on a science-related topic each semester. SciTalks are held via Zoom at https://cuboulder.zoom.us/s/98240827590 (password sent via newsletters or by request)
Fall 2020 SciTalks:
- September 15th from 7-8pm: Emerging Adulthood: Challenges & Possibilities with Dr. Jenny Schwartz.
- September 29th from 7-8pm: The Wonderful World of Fungi! with Dr. Rob Buchwald.
- October 21st from 6:30-7:30pm: The Secret Life of Coffee with Dr. Kate Fischer. Your coffee goes through a lot in its life: from planting to harvest to consumption, it gets peeled, fermented, washed, dried, cooked, smashed, and finally drowned, all so you can be awake for your 8am class. But what about the people who make that possible? Dr. Kate Fischer will discuss her work with Central American coffee producers and North American roasters, touching on labor, colonialism, quality, social justice, and why even that coffee you think is expensive is still too cheap.
- Check back as we add more SciTalks!
Distinguished Lecture Series
The Honors Program hosts the Distinguished Lecture Series each semester. This semester's event has been cancelled due to the campus building closures. We look forward to restarting the program next semester!
Honors Coffee Hour
Coffee hour is a great opportunity to connect with our faculty and your fellow Honors students. We typically serve coffee, tea, chai, and light snacks. This semester's schedule has been cancelled. We look forward to seeing you all once we are able to host our coffee hours again!
Honors Film Series
Each semester, the Honors Program hosts a film night where we watch a film then discuss it. This semester's schedule has been cancelled due to campus restrictions. We look forward to seeing you all once we can host our film nights again!
Programs and Clubs
For the latest news about Arts and Sciences Honors Program students, visit the Student Advisory Board blog.
The University of Colorado Honors Journal is currently accepting submissions of artwork, writing, music, video, and more from all undergraduates at CU Boulder.
- Arts and Sciences Academic Advising
- Campus Map
- Career Services
- Center for Inclusion and Social Change
- Center for Student Involvement
- Collegiate Recovery Center
- Counseling and Psychiatric Services
- Cultural Unity and Engagement Center
- Degree Audit Instructions
- Disability Services
- Don't Ignore It (report, support, or get help)
- Financial Aid
- Gender and Sexuality Center
- International Student and Scholar Services
- Office of Institutional Equity and Compliance
- Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution
- Office of Veteran Services
- Office of Victim Assistance
- Places to Study
- Red Folder (assisting students in distress)
- Registrar's Information for Students
- Student Academic Success Center
- Student Employment
- Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program
- Wardenburg Health Services
- Women's Resource Center
- Writing Center