To our graduate and professional colleagues,
We hope you are getting settled into the rhythm of teaching and research. Please see below for a weekly update from the Graduate and Professional Student Government, which you should also be receiving from your department representative or college senator.
Upcoming events and opportunities:
- GPSG meetings
- Grad and Professional student events on the CU Calendar
- Our first DEI Grad Social Hour is happening next Friday, Sept 24 from 1-3pm at the GPSG office. Please stop by to meet fellow students and GPSG officers.
- Applications for open Senator positions and a variety of opportunities to sit on campus boards are open (most are paid). Click here to access the application form. They will be reviewed on a rolling basis starting September 15.
- Applications for the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Award are now open! Apply by October 15.
- Our Director of Social Events will be graduating this semester! We will be searching for her replacement soon, see this article for more details.
GPSG Week in Review:
- Met with CUSG Executives to discuss joint goals
- Chairs & Directors meeting was focused on staff DEI, student graduation rates
- We wrote a summary of grad and professional university dental insurance options, available here. The graduate school recently released some new information on this, please send us any questions you have so we can follow up with the graduate school.
- We now have a weekly newsletter (here’s the link to sign up)!
We hope you stay safe and have a great week,
GPSG Executive Team