The Graduate and Professional Student Government (GPSG) is committed to recognizing the work done by the graduate and professional BIPOC student community in antiracist community engagement, activism and involvement at CU Boulder. Therefore, GPSG will award the DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION (DEI) AWARD to graduate and professional students each semester in recognition of their work. The purpose of this award is to encourage student activism in the areas of DEI which benefits the CU Boulder community.
Each semester, the committee, headed by the GPSG Director of Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives, will publish a call for awards that outline the theme for the semester. For the Fall 2021 semester, we encourage submissions related to the following themes - Cultural Diversity / Diversity in the classroom / Racial justice. However, we welcome submissions that do not fall under these themes.
Contact email@example.com with questions about the award.
- This application will be open through October 15, 2021
- Awards are self-nominated; if there is someone you think deserves the award, please encourage them to apply
- This is a $100 award and 5 chosen applicants will be awarded at the end of the semester
- You might be contacted for clarifications on your application. Please be specific with your responses!
- While all are welcome to apply, this award is intended for students who identify as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous or Person of Color),
- Applicants must be a registered graduate or professional student,
- Applicants may only receive 1 award for their entire tenure at CU.
- Applicants will be reviewed using a rubric that is subjected to change based on the year’s theme.