The Graduate and Professional Student Government (GPSG) is committed to recognizing the work done by the graduate and professional BIPOC student community in antiracist community engagement, activism, and involvement at CU Boulder. Therefore, GPSG will award the DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION (DEI) AWARD to graduate and professional students each semester in recognition of their work. The purpose of this award is to encourage student activism in the areas of DEI which benefits the CU Boulder community.
Each semester, the committee, headed by the GPSG Director of Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives, will publish a call for awards that outline the theme for the semester. For the Spring 2022 semester, we encourage submissions related to the following themes - Black Lives Matter / Racial justice / LGBTQ Advocacy. However, we welcome submissions that do not fall under these themes.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about the award.
- This application will be open through March 15, 2022
- Awards are self-nominated; if there is someone you think deserves the award, please encourage them to apply
- You might be contacted for clarifications on your application. Please be specific with your responses!
- While all are welcome to apply, this award is intended for students who identify as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous or Person of Color),
- Applicants must be a registered graduate or professional student,
- Applicants may only receive 1 award per semester,
- Recipients of this award retain their eligibility for other GPSG awards and grants.