The Infrastructure & Safety Procurement Office assists in the acquisition of goods and services for all of Infrastructure & Safety as well as development and management of the Sustainable Purchasing program for the campus.
All general purchasing questions should be directed to the CU system PSC.
Who Buys What?
CU Procurement Service Center (PSC)
The PSC is CU's centralized purchasing office located in Denver. Serving all CU campuses, the organization is responsible for buying goods and non-construction services. PSC contact: Katie Wilson
CU Boulder Infrastructure & Sustainability
Infrastructure & Sustainability (I&S) provides a broad range of construction and maintenance services for campus facilities, grounds and infrastructure. Through a delegation of authority from the Office of the State Architect, I&S is responsible for the procurement of all construction-related services, including professional services (i.e. architects, engineers, industrial hygienists, and general consultants). I&S contact: Charlie Geanetta
When does I&S get involved?
- Any modifications of the building, infrastructure or grounds must be approved by I&S prior to order placement.
- Commodities include: Construction renovations , small construction projects, custom trophy cases, custom audio/visual installations (wiring), doors, windows, flooring, paving, parking lot striping, etc.
- Professional services managed by I&S include: architects, engineers, industrial hygienists and consultants (building related).
Where do we go from here?
- Infrastructure & Sustainability constantly examines "Best Practices" to ensure every effort is being made to strengthen and streamline all construction and construction related processes.
- Methods for combining various small projects into fewer larger projects is a method now being explored to see if the time, labor and cost saving can be verified and that procedures can be developed to make sure these savings are repeatable.
- Developing closer strategic partnerships with suppliers that can provide CU various "Campus Standard" products to be utilized by our contractors, both small and large
Sustainable Buildings and Products
- LEED, STARS, and other objective criteria are used to develop and implement the many ways we strive to green our campus and continue to do so.
- CU Boulder has a robust Sustainability program that encompasses all aspects of campus life, from green buildings to zero waste goals.
- Strategic suppliers are encouraged to offer sustainable products and services that might be utilized to further enhance the quality of student life.
- Sustainabile Procurement guidelines can be found here.
Please direct purchasing and commodity questions to:
Charlie Geanetta, Procurement and Supply Program Manager
Mailing address: Campus Box 453, Boulder, CO 80309
Office address: Research Lab 2 (RL2), 1540 30th Street, Boulder, CO 80309 [currently working remotely]
Office phone: 303-492-4302