The University of Colorado invites qualified architectural, engineering, landscape architect, industrial hygienist and surveying firms to submit their qualifications to the University's As -Needed Architectural, Engineering and Consultant registration page for consideration to provide professional services, as defined in Colorado Revised Statues (C.R.S.) 24-30-1402.
Firms on this list may be considered for a project at the Boulder, Denver, or Colorado Springs campuses when the professional service fee is < $100,000 and construction cost is < $1,000,000. The roles, responsibilities and requirements are outlined in the Architect/Engineer Agreement (SC-5.1), Terms and Conditions (SC-5.1 TC), Supplemental Conditions (for each campus), and the Consultant Agreement (SC-5.3). Contact email@example.com if you need copies of any of these documents. Please be aware that there is no guarantee of work by registering and the University assumes no obligation of any kind for expenses incurred by any respondent to this solicitation. The right is also reserved by the University to reject any and all submittals.
For each specific project where the fee is anticipated to be >$25,000, the campus will select at least three firms from the list to be interviewed. Interviews may be in person, via telephone, or via email, depending on the project complexity. The campus will select the firm they determine to be the most qualified and then negotiate a fair and reasonable fee for services. An Architectural/Engineering Agreement (SC-5.1) or a Consultant Agreement (SC-5.3) will be processed for each project.
To register your company for the University of Colorado As-Needed Program:
For detailed instructions, please download the As-Needed registration help document
Here are the quick registration steps:
1. Download the As-Needed Registration form (Microsoft Excel 2003 format) and save it to your desktop. Fill out the form, then attach your filled out version to an email (step 3 below) to submit (please leave the registration form in its original Excel format). When you return the form, you may also want to attach a supporting PDF file containing additional information about projects, resumes, and firm experience. If you choose to attach a supporting file, please name it "Firmname.PDF". All information submitted is public record and will be published to the University of Colorado, Boulder's webpage, so please only include appropriate information.
2. For Industrial Hygienists ONLY: Also complete the IH Pre-Registration form and submit it along with the As-Needed Registration form from step 1 above (both forms must be submitted in order for an IH firm to register for the University of Colorado As-Needed Program).
3. Email the following completed documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Completed Registration form (Excel format)
- Contract Signature Authorization letter, which must meet the following criteria:
- Be on firm letterhead
- List those with signing authority, including:
- Contact information (email address)
- Any limits to their signing authority
- Be signed by a person with unlimited signing authority, such as a President or Vice President
- IH Pre-Registration form (PDF format), if applicable
- Current wage rates
- Rates to be noted for current year and submitted on vendor letterhead. Please no terms or conditions.
- Mark-ups on reimbursables are not permissible.
- Transportation rate is to be the current IRS rate.
- A markup on subconsultant cost is acceptable, but not more than 1.15%.
- All rates are negotiable.
- Supporting PDF, if desired
If you need assistance or have questions on this process, please email email@example.com.