Department: Mechanical Engineering
Education: B.S., M.S., Fudan University (1998, 2001), Ph.D., Univeristy of Akron (2005)
Teaching: MCEN 2024 Material Science, MCEN 4228/5228 Intro to Polymers
Research: Structure and dynamics of polymers in bulk and under confinement
Office: ECME 269A
Honors and Distinctions:
- Oustanding service award, Department of Mechanical Engineering, CU Boulder, 2021
- Co-chair of 30th North American Membrane Society (NAMS) annual meeting, 2021
- American Chemical Society, Petroleum Research Fund New Direction award, 2019-2021
- Dean's Faculty Fellowship, College of Engineering and Applied Science, CU Boulder, 2012-2013
- Outstanding Research Award, Department of Mechanical Engineering, CU Boulder, 2010-2011
- ACS-PMSE Young Investigator Symposium speaker, 2010
- ACS-PRF New investigator award, 2010
- Juniro Faculty Development Award, CU Boulder, 2009
** denotes work done in collaboration with graduate students
* denotes work done in collaboration with undergraduate students
- Martinez, J., Fan, S., Rabade, S., Blevins, A.K., Fung, K., Killgore, J. P., Berti-Perez, S., Youngbear, K., Carbrello, C., Foley, S., Ding, X., Long, R., Castro, R., Ding, Y. (2022) Capillary Infiltration Kinetics in Highly Asymmetric Porous Membranes and the Resulting Debonding Behaviors. Polymer, 263, 125529.
- Fan, S., Blevins, A., Martinez, J., Ding, Y. (2022) Effects of Co-diluent on the pore structure, patterning fidelity, and properties of membranes fabricated by lithographically templated thermally induced phase separation. Membr. Sci., 662, 121023.
- Hu, L., Fan, S., Huang, L., Bui, V. T., Tran, T., Chen, K., Ding, Y., Swihart, M.T., Lin, H. (2022) Supramolecular polymer networks of ion-coordinated polybenzimidazole with simultaneously improved H2 permeability and H2/CO2 selectivity. Macromolecules, 55, 6901-6910.
- Hu, L., Bui, V.T., Pal, S., Guo, W., Subramanian, A., Kisslinger, K., Fan, S., Nam, C. Y., Ding, Y., Lin, H. (2022) In situ synergistic growth of crystalline and polymer-incorporated amorphous ZIF-8 in polybenzimidazole achieving hierarchical nanostructures for H2/CO2 separation. Small, 2201982.
- Hu, L., Bui, V.T., Fan, S., Guo, W., Pal, S., Ding, Y., Lin, H, Lin. (2022) Supramolecular Assemblies of Polybenzimidazole and Aromatic Polycarboxylic Acids with Superior Mechanical and H2/CO2 Separation Properties. J. Mater. Chem. A, 10, 10872-10879.