Department: Civil, Environmental, and Architectural Engineering
Education: B.A., Mathematics, The College of Wooster (2009), M.S., Civil Engineering, Virginia Tech (2011), Ph.D., Civil Engineering, Virginia Tech (2015)
Teaching: CVEN 3414 Fundamentals of Environmental Engineering, CVEN 5524 Drinking Water Treatment
Research: Drinking water treatment, distribution system water quality, and water pipeline corrosion.
Office: SEEC S269
- The Inaugural Ut Prosim Scholar Award
- Alumni Award for Outreach Excellence, 2016
- Association of Environmental Engineering and Science Professors (AEESP) Presentation Award, 2015
- Virginia Tech Graduate Student of the Year, 2015
- Masters, S.V., Bradley, T.C., Burlingame, G.A., Seidel, C.J., Schmelling, M. and Bartrand, T.A. (2021). What Can Utilities Expect from New Lead Fifth-Liter Sampling Based on Historic First-Draw Data? Environmental Science & Technology, doi.org/10.1021/acs.est.1c00421.
- Masters, S.V., Bartrand, T.A., Seidel, C.J. (2020). Examining the Proposed Lead and Copper Rule Trigger Level. Journal American Water Works Association, 112(11), 40-50.
- Tolofari, D.L., Masters, S.V., Bartrand, T., Hamilton, K.A., Haas, C.N., Olson, M., Summers, R.S., Rasheduzzaman, M., Young, A., Singh, R., Gurian, P. (2020). Full Factorial Study of Plumbing Design and Operation on Building Water Quality. AWWA Water Science, 2(5), 1-17.
- Singh, R., Hamilton, K.A., Rasheduzzaman, M., Yang, Z., Kar, S., Fasnacht, A., Masters, S.V., Gurian, P.L. (2020). Managing Water Quality in Premise Plumbing: Subject Matter Experts’ Perspectives and a Systematic Review of Guidance Documents. Water, 12(2), 347.
- Ragain, L., Masters, S.V. Bartrand T., Clancy, J. and Whelton, A. (2019). Analysis of Building Plumbing System Flushing Practices and Communications. Journal of Water and Health, 17(2), 196-203.
- Katner, A., Pieper, K., Brown, K., Lin, H., Parks, J., Wang, X., Hu, C., Masters, S.V., Mielke, H. and Edwards, M. (2018). Effectiveness of Prevailing Flush Guidelines to Prevent Exposure to Lead in Water. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 15(7), 1537.