Department: Civil, Environmental, and Architectural Engineering
Education: B.Tech. in Civil Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra, India (1989), M.Tech. in Operations Research and Reliability, Indian Statistical Institute, Calcutta, India (1991), Ph.D. in Stochastic Hydrology and Water Resources, Utah State University, Logan, UT (1995)
Research: Hydrology, Water Resources and Environmental Fluid Mechanics.
Office: ECOT 444
Honors and Distinctions:
- Associate Editor, Geophysical Research Letters, Aug 2004
- Associate Editor, ASCE, Journal of Hydrologic Engineering, Aug 2004
- Young Researcher Award, Civil Environmental and Architectural Engineering, University of Colorado, Boulder, 2003
- Invited to participate in the 15 th Annual Beckman Frontiers of Science Symposium, National Academy of Sciences, Irvine, CA, Nov 6–8, 2003.
- Nominated for the Lorenz G. Straub award for the most meritorious thesis in hydraulics and hydrology and (finished in the top three), 1996
- Honorable mention, Award for the Outstanding Water Resources Dissertation in the field of Engineering and Physical Sciences, The Universities Council on Water Resources, 1996
- Distinguished Utah State University Dissertation in Engineering, for the period, 1993–1995
- Utah State University\’s nomination for the Council of Graduate School\’s Distinguished Dissertation Award, 1995
- Best Student Paper award, at the student paper contests conducted by American Water Resources Association, Utah chapter during 1992 and 1993
- Govt. of India Scholarship, Indian Statistical Institute, Calcutta, India, 1989–1991
- National Merit Scholarship, National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra, India, 1985–1989