The Center for Leadership has announced recipients of the 2020–21 Newton Endowed Chair in Leadership Student Leaders of the Year, and ENLP student Brian Muriithi has been named an awardee!
Recipients were recognized during the marquee event of the Leo Hill Speaker Series feauring New York Times columnist David Brooks.
The CU Boulder Student Leaders of the Year awards recognize those individuals participating in campus leadership programs who have demonstrated:
- Academic excellence and curiosity
- Extraordinary support to and innovation within campus leadership programs
- Exceptional service to the community, either campus or Boulder metro area
- A desire to repair the social fabric of America
- Outstanding character and personal resilience
- Exemplary embodiment of the Colorado Creed
Muriithi is a second-year student in the Engineering Leadership Program. He is originally from Denver, Colorado, and is pursuing a degree in aerospace, aeronautical and astronautical engineering. Muriithi is the founder of Kenyan Youth in Colorado and finance chair for CU’s chapter of the National Society of Black Engineers. Muriithi is described by his peers as a person who brings warmth and empathy to all of his interactions. He is an exemplar for embracing differences gracefully and has a deep passion for building community.