Be engaged. Be represented. Be involved.
The College of Engineering and Applied Science Faculty Governance Committee shall serve in an advisory capacity to the Dean in making decisions related to issues of administration including, but not limited to, budget and resource policy and distribution, faculty evaluations and grievances, and faculty advancement. In addition, this committee shall appoint an evaluation committee to perform a fair, thorough, and confidential evaluation of the Dean.
The voting faculty of the College of Engineering & Applied Science approved the CEAS Faculty Governance Committee on Nov. 1, 2022. The draft bylaws of that committee indicated that the inaugural Faculty Governance Committee (FGC) will consist of 13 voting members, as enumerated below:
- One member will be elected from each of the six departments (nominated and elected by voting members of each department, based on their bylaws).
- One member will be nominated and elected by the Program faculty not affiliated/rostered with a department (ATLAS, E+/IDE, Biomedical Engineering, Herbst, and Engineering Management); and
- Six at-large members. These members may be tenured, tenure-track, instructor-track, scholars-in-residence, or research-track faculty.
- Chair: Andrew Goodwin
- Vice Chair: Roseanna Neupauer
- Secretary: Katherine Ramos
- At-Large Member of Executive Committee: Melinda Piket-May
- Teaching Affairs Committee: Novella Bates
- Faculty Affairs Committee: Shivakant Mishra and Alireza Doostan
- Budget and Resource Policy and Distribution Committee: Sarah Stanford-McIntyre
- Aerospace Engineering Sciences - Alireza Doostan, Professor, Alireza.Doostan@colorado.edu
- Chemical & Biological Engineering - Andrew Goodwin, Associate Professor, Andrew.Goodwin@colorado.edu
- Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engineering - Roseanna Neupauer, Professor, Roseanna.Neupauer@colorado.edu
- Computer Science - Shivakant Mishra, Professor, Shivakaht.Mishra@colorado.edu
- Electrical, Computer and Energy Engineering - Melinda Piket-May, Associate Professor, Melinda.Piket-May@colorado.edu
- Mechanical Engineering - Dan Riffell, Scholar in Residence, Daniel.Riffell@colorado.edu
- Faculty Rostered In Programs - Sarah Stanford-McIntyre (Herbst), Assistant Professor, firstname.lastname@example.org
- At Large Representative - Christoffer Heckman (Computer Science), Assistant Professor, Christoffer.Heckman@colorado.edu
- At Large Representative - Novella Bates (Biomedical Engineering), Instructor, Novella.Bates@colorado.edu
- At Large Representative - Katherine Ramos (Integrated Design Engineering), Instructor, Katherine.Ramos@colorado.edu
- At Large Representative - Carol Cogswell (Electrical, Computer and Energy Engineering), Research Professor, Carol.Cogswell@colorado.edu
- At Large Representative - Wendy Dubow (National Center for Women & IT), Research Associate, Wendy.Dubow@colorado.edu
- At Large Representative - Edith Zagona (Center for Advanced Decision Support for Water and Environmental Systems), Research Professor, Edith.Zagona@colorado.edu