Published: Oct. 28, 2019

Kyle Freeman Kyle Freeman joined the Engineering Management Program in 2018. Prior to CU Boulder, Kyle worked for Denver Public Schools in a variety of academic and administrative roles. He is working towards a degree in Speech, Language and Hearing Sciences at CU Boulder with the intention of becoming an audiologist. Kyle handles the day-to-day operations for the EMP program, as well as being the first point of contact for the department.

What’s something most people don’t know about you? 

I sing with a GLBT chorus in Denver and have sung at every venue at Denver Center of Performing Arts and at Red Rocks. In 2018, I sang a solo at the Ellie Caulkins Opera House!

Who was the most famous person you met and where?

I met Nathan Lane after singing at the Matthew Shepard Foundation Gala in 2016.

What do you most like to do to unwind?

I like to sit outside on my deck at night and listen to the creek that runs along the side of my house with my dog lying beside me. 

What is the best advice you have ever been given?

Don’t tell yourself that you are not qualified or able to do something. All the world can do is tell you no – so dream big and aspire to great things. 

One thing you’re willing to spend way too much on . . .

I spend too much on board games! Growing up, board games and puzzles brought the family together and we all shared lots of laughs and memories together around a table with lots of healthy competition!