Undergraduate Certificate Requirements
All applicants must be completing a undergraduate degree in any of the academic areas offered by the University of Colorado at Boulder. The undergraduate certificate requires a total of 6 courses (18 credits).
- ETHN 1023 (3 credits)
- ENGL 4717 (3 credits)
- 12 hours of elective courses with at least 6 of those hours in upper division electives.
- Students may choose to apply up to three credits of independent study/internship towards the credit requirement.*
- Only nine credits from the student's major or minor may be counted toward the certificate
- Students must maintain a C average (2.0)
- Students must earn a grade of C or better in all courses that count toward the certificate
*The independent study must be undertaken with a NAIS core faculty member. This may be done when a student wishes to pursue an individualized course of study not normally offered in the NAIS course offers, and is typically reserved for 3rd and 4th year students.