William W. White Outstanding Seniors are chosen by department faculty to recognize academic merit, professional achievement and service to the college.

Areyana Proctor, Department of Journalism

After graduation, Proctor plans to join the Communication Arts MA + Ph.D. program at the University of Wisconsin, Madison.

Growing up, my parents always stressed to me the importance of going to college. Now that I am preparing to graduate with my degree, I am astonished and amazed that I have been able to fulfill not only my own dreams, but also the dreams of those that came before me."

Areyana Proctor

Bailey Ghashghai

Bailey Ghashghai, Department of Advertising, Public Relations and Media Design

Bailey’s CMCI experience in three words: challenging, rewarding, growth

"One of the most memorable projects has been competing in the PRSSA Bateman competition. This experience was really demanding but so rewarding. Having this capstone span two semesters, allowed me to build such strong relationships with my team and mentors. I could not have asked for a better way to end my time in CMCI.

Emmett Raymond, Department of Communication

Emmet’s CMCI experience in three words: world-building, evocative, perspective

To graduate from CU with distinction, having given this program everything I have, is proof to myself that I can pull off massive undertakings and reorient my life when it’s needed. It’s also the culmination of a LOT of support from my family and friends, so graduating for me celebrates that too!"

Emmett Raymond

Julia Foley

Julia Foley, Department of Information Science

After graduation, Foley will spend six months working at Disney before looking for opportunities as a data analyst or UX designer.

"Take the time to explore classes and subjects that you are interested in, so that you can find the major that best fits you and the path you want to take during your time here at CU.

Kelsie Kerr, Department of Media Studies

After graduation, Kerr is excited to move to Los Angeles and immerse herself in the film industry, pursuing her passion for camera work and cinematography. 

The most memorable project that I completed during my time at CU was flying to Phoenix, Arizona to take pictures for the band Bleachers at Zona Music Festival. I gained so much from the experience on the technical/camera end of things, but I also learned how to effectively communicate with band management and other professionals in the music industry (and Jack Antonoff even posted one of my pictures on his Instagram story!!!)."

Kelsie Kerr

Sky Kelsey

Sky Kelsey, Department of Critical Media Practice

After graduation, Kelsey is joining the non-profit, Eldora Mountain Ski Club, as the head FIS coach for the next season.

"My time at CU has allowed me to realize the importance of finding your own voice. If you have a cause and if you have the will, there is a support system for you at CU Boulder. Show your passion and the people will come.