Moderators, Discussants, Panelists and Workshop Leaders
- Patrick Ferrucci (associate professor, JOUR)
- Casey Fiesler (assistant professor, INFO)
- Jolene Fisher (assistant professor, APRD)
- Toby Hopp (assistant professor, APRD)
- Michael McDevitt (professor, JOUR)
- Beth Potter (PhD student, JOUR)
- Burton St. John III (professor, APRD)
- Ross Taylor (assistant professor, JOUR)
- Chris Vargo (assistant professor, APRD)
University of Colorado at Boulder faculty and students from the College of Media, Communication and Information will accept seven top-paper awards at this year’s Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication conference. The awards include three first-place faculty papers, two second-place faculty papers, a third-place student paper and a fourth-place faculty paper.
In all, 23 faculty and students from five of CMCI’s six departments will present 22 peer-reviewed papers during the 103rd annual conference, which will be held virtually from August 6 through 9. Including panels, CMCI faculty and students will also be represented in 19 of the conference’s divisions and interest groups.
Founded in 1912, AEJMC is the oldest and largest alliance of journalism and mass communication educators and administrators at the college level. Today, the nonprofit organization includes more than 3,700 educators, students and practitioners from around the globe.
Below is a complete list of this year’s papers and participants from CMCI, including from the Departments of Advertising, Public Relations and Media Design (APRD); Communication (COMM); Information Science (INFO); Journalism (JOUR); and Media Studies (MDST).