Application is made through the graduate school's on-line application. Please note these important points:
- If you want us to consider you for financial support, the application deadline is December 15. Otherwise the deadline is February 15.
- We require three, not four, letters of recommendation.
- We require a writing sample, preferably on a classical subject, the more interesting, substantial, and well-written the better.
- We require unofficial transcript from each post-secondary institution you have attended for the online application.
- GRE scores are currently optional.
Note: For review and decision purposes you are required to upload an unofficial copy of your transcript(s) in the online application. We require one copy of the scanned transcript from each undergraduate and graduate institution that you attended. This includes community colleges, summer sessions, and extension programs. While credits from one institution may appear on the transcript of a second institution, unofficial transcripts must be submitted from each institution, regardless of the length of attendance, and whether or not courses were completed. Failure to list and submit transcripts from all institutions previously attended is considered to be a violation of academic ethics and may result in the cancellation of your admission or dismissal from the university.
ONLY after you are recommended for admission will you need to provide official transcripts.
Get information on uploading transcripts.
Here's some advice on applying to M.A. and Ph.D. programs in Classics, Classical Art and Archaeology, and Ancient History.