Release Agreements

These printable forms are useful for production situations that require added talent and locations.

Talent Release

Location Release

Film Permit Information

The University of Colorado office of Risk Management and the City of Boulder require student filmmakers to comply with safety and security regulations. Students planning to film or videotape on the University of Colorado Campus, buildings, residence halls, or other university dependencies must fill out the necessary application and await approval before setting up cameras, equipment, crew or actors on campus property. Besides permits, you may need to contract and/or purchase insurance.

Make sure that you have discussed with your instructors these requirements and that you plan your shoot to observe all required measures and regulations.

The University of Colorado does offer some insurance coverage through the Office of Risk Management. For film shoots, Risk Management will provide a proof of liability form for off campus sites that request proof of liability.

Use the below documents to request proof of insurance and to assess your risk levels. If you have questions, contact the Office of Risk Management.

Film Project Guidelines

Film Shoot Risk Assessment

You can check out their main website here:

Students wishing to film on location in the City of Boulder must fill out the online application

For students looking to film on location within and beyond the city of Boulder:

Boulder Film Commission

Bureau of Land Management

Colorado Film Commission

City of Denver

Forest Service

US National Parks

Check on-line with the Colorado Production Guide for other places.