Published: May 18, 2022 By
Two women discussing teaching goals

We, at the Center for Teaching and Learning, are available for teaching consultations! Do you want feedback on a course you are developing? Do you have questions about an assignment you are designing or a syllabus you are planning for the spring semester? Have you thought about making your classes more equitable and inclusive? Do you want to find new ways to assess your students’ learning? We are happy to discuss these things and more with you at the CTL. 

Our consultations aim to address your specific concerns and questions and can be offered on an individual or group basis. Teaching can often be a complex activity, and the CTL would like to facilitate your success in the classroomrole as a faculty member. Toward this end, a CTL consultation can take the form of a listening session, be an opportunity for dialogue and feedback, or involve a collaborative process of problem solving. There is no single or standard format for a consultation because each is a unique occurrence, conducted in a manner responsive to your teaching. 

Quotes from Faculty and Graduate Students about CTL Consultations: 

"I had two inspiring course consultations with Jason Lagapa, who not only helped me learn a specific pedagogical tool (Perusall) but also spoke with me thoughtfully about my core teaching values. With CTL’s guidance, I revamped my traditional lecture-based undergraduate course into one focused on student projects and deeper, active learning – a fun and exciting process!

Brianne Cohen, Assistant Professor of Contemporary Art History

"I found my inclusive pedagogy consultation with Dr. Ciancanelli to be informative, generative and affirming. She offered specific practices I could add to my everyday online teaching as well as ways to alter my course structure to be more responsive to the needs of all my students.

Emily Loker, PhD student, Communication

If you’d like to set up a consultation with one of the staff members at the CTL, please use the form found here. We’d really enjoy hearing from you and want to discuss your teaching with you.