The Center for Health and
Neuroscience, Genes, and Environment
Operating out of the Department of Psychology and Neuroscience and the Institute of Cognitive Science, CUChange is co-directed by Dr. Angela Bryan, Professor of Social Psychology, Dr. Kent Hutchison, Professor of Behavioral Neuroscience, and Dr. Cinnamon Bidwell, Assistant Professor at the Institute of Cognitive Science and Clinical Psychology.
Members of CUChange seek to conduct transdisciplinary research to explore the psychological, neurocognitive, physiological, genetic, and epigenetic factors that are linked with health and risk behavior. We believe that a better understanding of the full range of influences on health and risk behavior will allow better tailoring of behavioral interventions to increase health behavior, decrease risk behavior, and ultimately decrease morbidity and mortality and increase quality of life.
At CU Change we have a passion for perpetual learning, public dissemination, and innovative research design that improves public health. Our team-based approach is scientifically rigorous and mentorship driven, and we provide opportunity to individuals at all stages of their professional development. We strive to include diversity of representation in terms of perspective, academic background, race, age, ethnicity, disability status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, and veteran status. We leverage collaborations across disciplines to build a stronger and healthier community for all.
Some examples of the ways CUChange strives toward these values:
- Internal anonymous climate survey
- Community talks given regularly by members of the lab
- Scientific talks given regularly by graduate students, professional research assistants, post-docs, faculty members
- Ongoing productive collaborations within our institution and at other academic and/or research institutions, such as IPHY, MCDB, Computer Science, Oncology, Psychiatry, and Anesthesiology
- Leadership in cannabis research and education priorities and policy for the state of Colorado