This internship has not been updated for 2021. If we receive confirmation and final information for 2021 from the company, we will post it here. 2020 information below for reference.
Loyal Valley Capital (“LVC”) is a leading Chinese investment firm with US$4.3B AUM which invests in rising market leaders led by promising entrepreneurs both in China and globally. LVC’s investment approach relies on in-depth fundamental research and creating long-term value through operational improvements and synergy realization. Led by Andy Lin, former CEO and founder of China Universal Asset Management (“CUAM”), one of China’s top 5 asset management company, and staffed by an in-house research and investment team comprised of 26 professionals, LVC’s partners have exceptional collective experience in Chinese and international investments, and since 2015 LVC has invested in more than 50 portfolio companies. Its investors include global institutional investors such as Sovereign Wealth Funds, Funds of Funds and Family offices.
Job Description and Responsibilities
• Participate in the ongoing management and fundraising activities of the USD Funds by compiling, preparing and translating relevant fund marketing materials to support interaction with potential investors in communicating investment thesis and story of the firm’s portfolio companies; and
• Assist in due diligence requests from global institutional investors such as Sovereign Wealth Funds, Funds of Funds, Pension funds, Endowments and Foundations from North America, Europe and Asia
• Collaborating across internal industry and functional sub-teams to collect, compile, and consolidate a broad range of investment and management related data related to the firm itself and its portfolio companies.
• Multiple positions available.
• Must have completed a minimum of 30 credit hours by start of internship.
• Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.50 out of 4.0.
• Sound research skills, business acumen and understanding of the factors driving the value of a company and an industry.
• Strong passion for investment research, private equity and Chinese economic development in a global context.
• Impeccable English reading and writing skills and conversational skills in Mandarin.
• Ability to learn and succeed in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
• Good critical, troubleshooting and analytical skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and capacity to manage priorities.
• Entrepreneurial spirit with excellent communication and presentation skills.
Full-time: 8 hours per day, 5 days per week, with possible evening and week-end work
Shanghai Pudong Area