The Center for Asian Studies is seeking an undergraduate Editorial Assistant for the Colorado Journal of Asian Studies for Spring 2023.
The Colorado Journal of Asian Studies is seeking an editorial assistant to help us publish our spring 2023 edition of the journal. This will be the first time the journal is published online through the CU Boulder library. This role performs a variety of complex editorial, research, and support duties to coordinate publication CJAS.
1. Edits and/or proofreads manuscripts and other forms of copy for publication, making stylistic, structural and grammatical corrections, as well as other substantive changes as needed.
2. Coordinates editorial, design and production aspects of a wide variety of materials for production.
3. Oversees compilation and proofreading of indexes and tables of contents. May research and request permission for reproduction of material to be published.
4. Maintains contact with authors and others directly concerned with the published work, following through on specified requests and tasks.
- Must be currently enrolled at CU Boulder.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to relate and communicate effectively with a diverse population of students, staff, faculty, and colleagues
- Must have strong writing and editing skills and the ability to verbally communicate at a level appropriate to the duties of the position
- Ability to operate a computer, proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ability to learn and utilize new software programs
This position is budgeted for 5 hours a week at $15 and hour for 14 weeks of spring semester.
How to apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org a cover letter outlining your skills and why you are interested in the position and a resume.
Application deadline January 6th.