Editorial Assistant for the Colorado Journal of Asian Studies for Spring 2023
The Center for Asian Studies is seeking an undergraduate Editorial Assistant for the Colorado Journal of Asian Studies for Spring 2023.
The Colorado Journal of Asian Studies is seeking an editorial assistant to help us publish our spring 2023 edition of the journal. This will be the first time the journal is published online through the CU Boulder library. This role performs a variety of complex editorial, research, and support duties to coordinate publication CJAS.
1. Edits and/or proofreads manuscripts and other forms of copy for publication, making stylistic, structural and grammatical corrections, as well as other substantive changes as needed.
2. Coordinates editorial, design and production aspects of a wide variety of materials for production.
3. Oversees compilation and proofreading of indexes and tables of contents. May research and request permission for reproduction of material to be published.
4. Maintains contact with authors and others directly concerned with the published work, following through on specified requests and tasks.
- Must be currently enrolled at CU Boulder.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to relate and communicate effectively with a diverse population of students, staff, faculty, and colleagues
- Must have strong writing and editing skills and the ability to verbally communicate at a level appropriate to the duties of the position
- Ability to operate a computer, proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ability to learn and utilize new software programs
This position is budgeted for 5 hours a week at $15 and hour for 14 weeks of spring semester.
How to apply
Email email@example.com a cover letter outlining your skills and why you are interested in the position and a resume.
Application deadline January 6th.
Center for Asian Studies Videography Internship
The Center for Asian Studies is looking for a motivated and energetic intern for Spring 2023 to film and archive CAS Speaker Series events. This position is a unique learning opportunity to work with multimedia in an interesting and multicultural environment.
The position will begin the first week of classes and will run through the last week before finals. It will require an average of 3 hours per week for a total of 45 hours over the course of the semester. The intern will receive academic credit (through enrollment in ASIA 4930), and will not receive monetary compensation.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
The intern is primarily responsible for attending and recording selected events over the course of the semester, and editing those videos and adding captioning. (CAS will provide camera and computer equipment, unless intern has equipment he/she would prefer to use.)
Will work closely with staff members of the Center for Asian Studies.
Must be available for several speaker events, which are usually scheduled in late afternoon or early evening. Will also be responsible for holding regular office hours at CAS.
Intern is responsible for managing content on the CAS YouTube channel.
This internship is an excellent opportunity to develop communication and organizational skills.
This is a one-credit-per-semester internship, with a possibility for continuation in Fall 2023.
Must have completed a minimum of 30 hours of college-level coursework with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00 before the start of Spring semester.
Filming and video editing experience.
Working knowledge of Final Cut Pro for editing.
Responsible and reliable.
Able to work independently and creatively.
Organized and efficient.
Demonstrated academic interest in Asia preferred.
The student selected for the internship will be enrolled into the course (ASIA 4930) and will be responsible for paying any associated tuition. Applications will be reviewed by the internship supervisor at CAS and finalists will be interviewed during the week of January 30, 2023
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “CAS Videography Internship.” Contact Danielle Rocheleau Salaz at email@example.com with questions.
Application Deadline: January 23, 2023