Center for Asian Studies Remote Internship with Shambhala Publications: Marketing & Publicity
The Center for Asian Studies is seeking an undergraduate student with an interest in Asia, Eastern Philosophy & Religion, and Buddhism for a remote 3-credit internship at Shambhala Publications over the spring 2021 semester.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- The intern will assist the Marketing & Publicity Team remotely with a variety of tasks, including building and scheduling marketing emails, creating social media posts, website and internal system updates, assisting with book mailings, and fulfilling media excerpt requests.
- The intern will also have an opportunity to learn about the big picture of independent book publishing by attending all-company meetings, author kick-off calls, and internal Marketing & Publicity meetings.
- Every effort will be made to involve the intern in Asia-related projects, but the wide range of books handled by the group will dictate that other subject areas will be part of the workflow as well.
- Open to undergraduate students majoring in Asian Studies or other disciplines such as History, Religious Studies, or International Affairs with a concentration in Asia.
- Applicants must have completed a minimum of 30 hours of college-level coursework with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00 before the start of spring semester.
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Must be available to work remotely between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. MT on a consistent schedule.
- The internship will begin the first week of classes and will run through the last week before finals. It will require approximately 10 hours per week for a total of 150 hours over the course of the semester. The intern will receive academic credit (tuition for credit must be paid to the University) and will not receive monetary compensation for the internship.
The deadline for applications is January 19, 2021. Applications will be reviewed by the internship supervisor at Shambhala Publications and finalists will be interviewed during the week of January 25, 2021. The student selected for the internship will be enrolled into the course (ASIA 4930) and will be responsible for paying any associated tuition.
Application Deadline: January 19, 2021