Published: Sept. 26, 2019
Irma

The Center for Asian Studies is pleased to host Irma Zavitri, for the 2019-20 academic year, as a Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant. The Fulbright FLTA program brings foreign teachers to US college campuses to help with foreign language instruction as well as participate in cultural exchange and enriching people-to-people relations between the United States and countries throughout the world. Irma is teaching our Introduction to Indonesian class this year (INDO 1110-1120). She is outgoing and loves outdoor activities; be sure to say “apa kabar” to her if you see her on campus!

Hi,
My name is Irma Zavitri. I am from Indonesia, an archipelago state in Southeast Asia region with approximately 17. 000 islands.  I am from an Island called Sulawesi, I grow up in the capital city of South Sulawesi province called Makassar or Ujung pandang.

I am here in CU Boulder as the visiting scholar under FLTA (Foreign language teaching Assistant) Fulbright scholarship Program. I will be teaching Bahasa Indonesia for one academic year. I hope many more people are interested to learn about Indonesian language
 and culture in the US.

I love doing outdoor activities and voluntary work especially on environmental, education, youth and women issues.

Terima kasih
Irma