Published: Jan. 14, 2019 By
unknown
unknown

Having the opportunity to study abroad in China is an experience I will never forget. It gave me the opportunity to learn more about myself, to expand my worldview, and to grow as an individual. 

Being able to study about the culture of China by traveling from city to city and see firsthand how modernity has affected urban China, changed my life forever.  To be able to walk on the Great Wall of China, visit the Terracotta Warriors, and stroll along the Bund of the great city of Shanghai, allowed me to view the changes that have taken place in China throughout the years. Even just taking a stroll around the residential areas that are without the famous tourist spots was an educational experience into how people live in China and gave me the opportunity to have interactions that are not present in the tourist areas.

I think one of the most memorable experiences was viewing the many pictures of the progression of Shanghai in the hallway of the Shanghai tower.  Taking the ride up to the top of the tower (the second highest building in the world) gave me an over-all view of the magnificent changes and growth of China.

My experience with the study abroad program at CU is one of the best educational opportunities I have had.  I am so thankful to have participated and believe that travel is the greatest gift you can give to yourself! I definitely recommend studying abroad in China.