Asian Studies Graduates in 2016
CAS coordinates the major and minor in Asian Studies, an interdisciplinary program that allows students to study the astonishing diversity of the Asian region. Information is available on the Academics tab.
Asian Studies BA
Asian Studies Minor
CAS Summer Language Fellows
CAS Summer Language Fellowships are awarded to CU graduate students studying Asian languages in summer language programs.
Sara Stiehl (ANTH) - Thai
Alison Hanson (ANTH) - Hindi
Mason Brown (MUSC) - Nepali
Eben Yonnetti (RLST) - Chinese
Japanese Studies Fellowships
This endowment allows us to provide graduate student support to recognize and encourage the study of Japanese history, literature, and language.
Brendan Craine Natalie Collar
Colorado Journal of Asian Studies
CAS is pleased to announce the publication of the fourth volume of the Colorado Journal of Asian Studies, available on the Academics tab of our website. Each Asian Studies major is required to complete a thesis or project based on original research, and some of these outstanding theses are featured in CJAS each year. Essays featured in the 2016 volume of the Colorado Journal of Asian Studies:
- “Comparative Cultural Trauma: Post-traumatic Processing of the Chinese Cultural Revolution and the Cambodian Revolution,” Carla Ho
- “Relationality in Female Hindu Renunciation as Told Through the Life Story of Swāmī Amritanandā Gīdī,” Morgan Sweeney
- “Internet Culture in South Korea: Changes in Social Interactions and the Well-Being of Citizens,” Monica Mikkelsen
- “Operating in the Shadow of Nationalism: Egyptian Feminism in the Early Twentieth Century,” Jordan Witt
- “The Appeal of K-pop: International Appeal and Online Fan Behavior,” Zesha Vang
Read the 2016 CJAS Volume online!