Excellence in faculty leadership and service is defined as all of those professional activities other than teaching and research that are performed by faculty members as part of their University responsibilities or as community outreach (internal, external, or both kinds of service).
Award Selection Guidelines:
Nomination packets should clearly outline the impact of leadership and service activities the nominee has had on the unit, school/college, campus and/or national communities. Significant weight will be given to service that is outside a paid appointment. This may include such activities as:
Nomination Packet Requirements:
Nomination packets MUST include all the following items in this exact order:
- Table of Contents - You can find it here. Simply check it off as you finish each item to ensure that all nomination packet requirements are met. Once all items are checked off, include this as the first page of your nomination packet.
- Contact Information Sheet - You must include a page listing the contact information of each person who has contributed a letter of support. Please include their name, institution, title, and e-mail address. A blank template is available here. This sheet has a 1 page maximum.
- Nomination Statement - Nomination statements may be authored by more than one person. It should be in letter form and addressed to the BFA Selection Committee. Nomination statements have a 2 page maximum.
- Nominee Program Biography - Please include a short paragraph (less than 200 words) describing the nominee and their related award activities that will be included in the Excellence Awards program if the nominee is selected for the award. Biographies have a 1 page maximum (less than 200 words).
- Nominee's Personal Statement - The nominee's personal statement should address their ideas about service with specific reference to the service for which the candidate has been nominated. Personal statements have 2 page maximum.
- Abbreviated Curriculum Vitae - Nominees are encouraged to adjust their CV to highlight their accomplishments pertinent to leadership and service. CVs have a 4 page maximum.
- Letters of Support - Packets should include a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 6 letters of support that meet the criteria below:
Nomination Packet Submission Instructions:
If you have any questions about the nomination process contact the BFA office at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call at 303-492-6271
*Turning in a nomination packet on the weekend prior to/or on the deadline due date, may not allow for sufficient time to fix any issues with packets. We strongly advise you to turn packets in early, and/or submit a draft for feedback. All packets MUST meet the guidelines listed above in order to be considered complete. This includes total pages in the full packet, total pages for letters, and the number/types of recommendation letters submitted. We are happy to help you determine this prior to the deadline. Feel free to contact us Monday through Friday during business hours.