The Boulder Faculty Assembly held a regular zoom meeting on Thursday, November 3, 2022. There were presentations by two campus groups:
1. The CU Honor Code office and faculty members of the Honor Code Advisory Board (HCAB) - data from the past four years was reviewed along with updates on how the CU Boulder Honor Code process works and insights and recommendations from the faculty elected to serve on the HCAB. Faculty are encouraged to find out more about how the Honor Code process is designed to provide a restorative justice and student support.
- CU Honor Code
- Report information from third parties (like Chegg or OIT)
- CU Health & Wellness Support
- International Student Academic Success office
2. Athletics and Academics Update - Kris Livingston, Ex. Senior Assoc. Athletics Director of Student Success gave updates on student athlete gpa's, academic awards, and other items including the Herbst Academic Center. Joe Jupille, Associate Professor Political Science and the Faculty Athletics Representative (FAR) encouraged faculty colleagues to reach out with general or specific concerns. His term as FAR will end in June 2025. Additionally, the BFA Intercollegiate Athletics Committee (IAC) will be hosting a Faculty-Athletics Conversation Series in spring.
Additionally, BFA representatives voted on three items of legislation which were all approved:
- BFA-M-1-092822 ITFAC Committee Name Change
- BFA-R-1-092822 Resolution on Teaching/Clinical Faculty Promotion Raises
- BFA-R-3-100222 Resolution concerning a campus common curriculum
The Common Curriculum Planning Committee seeks faculty and staff interested in serving on the implementation team. Email the committee if you’d like to be considered. See the full CU Boulder Today story on campus student success initiatives.
The Administrative Services & Technology Committee is updating their charge and committee name to Academic Technology Services Committee and introduced a motion BFA-M-1-10.24.22 ASTC Charge Motion for representatives to consider for thirty days. Feedback on the motion should be emailed to committee chair Janet Casagrand at: email@example.com
BFA Chair Tiffany Beechy also announced that the 2023 BFA Excellence Awards are now open for nominations. Additionally, Chancellor DiStefano approved an increase to the awards which will now be for $5000. See the BFA Excellence Awards page for complete information.
The Assembly Meeting Summary will be sent to members the Tuesday following the meeting and will include meeting documents and slides. Meeting minutes are sent to representatives at the end of the month. Previous Meeting Summaries and approved Meeting Minutes are listed by year.