March 11, 2020
Dear CU Boulder Faculty,
As you know, in response to the current situation we are facing with the COVID-19 virus, this morning Chancellor Phil DiStefano instructed us to begin teaching all classes remotely beginning Monday, March 16. Also today, Provost Russ Moore provided us with a guide for transitioning to remote teaching.
These necessary and important actions support the state of Colorado and national initiatives to combat this dangerous virus. In these circumstances, and in as much as the faculty own the curriculum, the Boulder Faculty Assembly encourages all academic units to meet with their faculty to determine what alternative teaching strategies and mechanisms are most appropriate to each unit’s faculty.
As information reaches us, we will continue to update you.
Bob Ferry, BFA Chair
Here are related CU Boulder links that may be useful to you:
CU Boulder Coronavirus Updates Webpage: https://www.colorado.edu/coronavirus
- Instructor Class/Teaching Information: https://www.colorado.edu/coronavirus-updates/classes-instructor-information
- Research Continuity Information: https://www.colorado.edu/coronavirus-updates/research-continuity
- Travel: https://www.colorado.edu/coronavirus/travel
- General University Operations & Employee HR Guidance: https://www.colorado.edu/coronavirus/workforce
- Event & Meeting Guidance: https://www.colorado.edu/coronavirus/event-guidance
- Health & Wellness Information: https://www.colorado.edu/coronavirus/health-information
Additionally, here are some links to national information and guidance: