When: Friday, October 21, 2022; 3–5 p.m.
Part of CU Boulders Research and Innovation Week, the 6th annual ATLAS Institute Research Open House shares the diverse and intriguing work of the organization's eight research labs in a power-packed, two-hour public showcase. Arrive early and plan your visit if you want to see the full spectrum of radical creativity and design on offer.
What to expect:
- Lab and studio tours
- Demos and interactive technology
- Engaging, original ideas
A sampling of projects:
- A brain-body performance combining flute and electronic music improvisation derived from sonified electroencephalogram (EEG) brainwave data
- Social interaction in hybrid reality with phones and other devices
- Paper robot building kits
- A parametric design tool for complex weaving
- Holographic (Pepper's Ghost) avatar drumming
- A sampling of works by Joel Swanson from a recent solo exhibition
- Textile fibers spun from biomaterial solutions
- Mini game arcades with custom controllers made from cardboard and everyday household material
- A sampling of creative computing tools, including a coding app, drawing machines, light boxes and more.
Interested in doing similar work? Don't be shy! This is your chance to introduce yourself to a thriving community of interdisciplinary researchers, creative technologists, artists and inventors who are always on the lookout for interesting collaborations.
Free and open to all.