The College of Arts and Sciences has posted job announcements for its deans of division for arts and humanities, natural sciences and social sciences
The positions are being advertised as a further implementation of the college reorganization. These three dean positions are now official officers of the university, as defined by the CU regents, and as such, require formal searches to fill the positions.
Those job announcements are now posted online:
- The job posting for the dean of division for natural sciences is at this link.
- The job posting for the dean of division for social sciences is at this link.
- The job posting for the dean of division for arts and humanities, which is open to internal candidates only, can be found this way:
- Log in to the MyCUInfo portal
- Select CU Resources > Business Tools > CU Boulder Jobs Internal Job Board
- Use the Keyword Search to find this posting number: 45916
Also, with respect to arts and humanities, the college will hold a second “listening session” with the community to solicit your views about the attributes most desired in this key leadership position, as well as gather feedback on the structure of the upcoming interviews.
This listening session, led by Robert McDonald, chair of the search committee and dean of university libraries, is set for 11 a.m. to noon on Thursday, Feb. 16. The meeting will be held via Zoom, at this link.
Participants’ feedback will be guided by a survey at this link. The college encourages people to come to the listening session, but in addition to or instead of going to the session, people can submit feedback or nominations for candidate via the survey.
“Please share this information widely and encourage anyone who fits the descriptions to apply,” said Glen Krutz, dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, adding, “As we move to the next stages of the process, I will report back to you on our progress.”