When requesting that a classified staff member accept a teaching appointment, a written request by the Chair/Director must be sent to the Divisional Dean for approval via email each semester or academic year that a classified staff member will be teaching per the process outlined below.
- Classified Staff completes Courses Agreed to Teach Grid and submits to Unit.
- Unit submits the following to Executive Assistant to the Associate Deans for review via email at email@example.com:
- Draft offer letter via Word document per the following template with background check information and Department/Program Use box completed:
- Draft offer letter reviewed by Executive Assistant to the Associate Deans.
- Once approved by Executive Assistant to the Associate Deans, approved offer letter saved as PDF and sent to the Unit to begin routing for signatures via DocuSign.
- Human Resources Service Center
- Personnel File
- Appointment entered in HCM (Human Resources software) by the College of Arts and Sciences' Human Resources Service Center.
- If any changes to the offer letter are needed after approval, fill out an addendum form.