The APS department recognizes our scientific and educational missions are strengthened by contributions from diverse perspectives. We aim to promote a fair, inclusive, and supportive environment for all. We've spent many hours reading and discussing the National Task Force to Elevate African American Representation in Undergraduate Physics & Astronomy (TEAM-UP) report from the American Institute of Physics and have begun implementing its recommendations.
We’ve got space for everyone!
To further these goals, our students, faculty, and staff are involved in these groups, among others:
- CU-STARs (Science, Technology and Astronomy Recruits)
- PICA (Promoting an Inclusive Community in Astronomy)
- URSA (UnderRepresented Students in Astronomy)
- CU Café
- The Miramontes Arts & Sciences Program
- The CU Office for Diversity, Equity & Community Engagement