Weds 4 Sept, 7:30-8:30pm. Fiske Planetarium
CU STARs Fall Kickoff Event
Learn more about the CU STARs outreach program, our planetarium, and telescopes. Everyone is welcome!
- APS Colloquium: JILA Auditorium at 4pm during the academic year. Refreshments are served at 3:45pm in front of the auditorium.
- CU STARs 5:30pm-6:30pm—Sommers-Bausch Observatory, downstairs classroom. Everyone is always welcome! Please visit the APS website about our program (under Undergraduate programs) or email email@example.com for more information.
- SWRI Colloquia: Colloquia are normally on Tuesdays at 11:00 am in the 4th-floor conference room of SWRI, 1050 Walnut St, Ste 300, Boulder, CO, 80302.
- Physics Colloquium: Duane G1B20 at 4:00. Refreshments are served at 3:45 in Duane G1B31.
LASP Seminar: LASP Space Tech Building (East Campus) usually at 4:00. Refreshments at 3:45.
APS Faculty Research Talks: Thursdays at 3:00 in D142 during Fall only. These short presentations by faculty about their research are an excellent way to learn about the department and research opportunities. Graduate and undergraduate students are encouraged to attend!
- ATOC Colloquium: Held every other Friday from 11-Noon in SEEC N126
- CASA/JILA Astrophysics Lunch Seminar: Sunset room in the JILA tower at 12:00. Speakers are generally visiting faculty.
- Applied Math Colloquia: Engineering Center ECCR 245 at 3:00.
- CU Astronomy Club meets 4pm at Fiske Planetarium
- SBO Telescope Open House: Open house at Sommers-Bausch Observatory events begin at 8:00, 8:30, or 9:00 at night depending upon the season.
Promoting an Inclusive Community in Astronomy (PICA): meets bimonthly to discuss issues and create an additional network to help women find careers in the sciences.
Commencement- Winter 2019
Departmental Commencement ceremony and reception for all students will be Thursday, December 19th, 2019 1:00pm-4:00pm, at Fiske Planetarium. The reception immediately follows the ceremony in FISKE lobby. Ceremony includes all Astronomy, Astrophysics, Engineering Physics, and Physics undergraduate and graduate students in a combined ceremony.
Stay tuned for an event on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/aps.cu.boulder/