Weds 4 Sept, 7:30-8:30pm. Fiske Planetarium
CU STARs Fall Kickoff Event
Learn more about the CU STARs outreach program, our planetarium, and telescopes. Everyone is welcome!
- APS Colloquium: JILA Auditorium at 4pm during the academic year. Refreshments are served at 3:45pm in front of the auditorium.
- CU STARs 5:30pm-6:30pm—Sommers-Bausch Observatory, downstairs classroom. Everyone is always welcome! Please visit the APS website about our program (under Undergraduate programs) or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- SWRI Colloquia: Colloquia are normally on Tuesdays at 11:00 am in the 4th-floor conference room of SWRI, 1050 Walnut St, Ste 300, Boulder, CO, 80302.
- Physics Colloquium: Duane G1B20 at 4:00. Refreshments are served at 3:45 in Duane G1B31.
LASP Seminar: LASP Space Tech Building (East Campus) usually at 4:00. Refreshments at 3:45.
Faculty Research Talks have been canceled for the remainder of the semester.
- ATOC Colloquium: Held every other Friday from 11-Noon in SEEC N126
- CASA/JILA Astrophysics Lunch Seminar: Sunset room in the JILA tower at 12:00. Speakers are generally visiting faculty.
- Applied Math Colloquia: Engineering Center ECCR 245 at 3:00.
- CU Astronomy Club meets 4pm at Fiske Planetarium
- SBO Telescope Open House: Open house at Sommers-Bausch Observatory events begin at 8:00, 8:30, or 9:00 at night depending upon the season.
Promoting an Inclusive Community in Astronomy (PICA): meets bimonthly to discuss issues and create an additional network to help women find careers in the sciences.
Commencement- Winter 2019
Departmental Commencement ceremony and reception for all students will be Thursday, December 19th, 2019 1:00pm-4:00pm, at Fiske Planetarium. The reception immediately follows the ceremony in FISKE lobby. Ceremony includes all Astronomy, Astrophysics, Engineering Physics, and Physics undergraduate and graduate students in a combined ceremony.
Stay tuned for an event on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/aps.cu.boulder/