School Contacts

Admissions -; (303) 384-2027

ROTC Liaison -; (303) 273-3380

Campus Map

Undergraduate Admissions

Step One: In-State Requirements

Oftentimes, prospective cadets are unaware if they qualify for in-state tuition at Mines. The residency requirements apply to all PUBLIC universities in the state of Colorado. If you have any further questions, please contact your prospective school's registrar's office.

In-State Residency Guidelines

Step Two: Apply to Mines

Apply for admission to Colorado School of Mines during your senior year of high school. We strongly encourage you to apply as soon as possible in the Fall of your senior year to ensure you receive the strongest consideration for scholarships and admission. 

Learn How to Apply to Mines

Step Three: Apply for Air Force ROTC Scholarships

Though it is not required to receive a scholarship in order to join Air Force ROTC at Mines, we encourage high school seniors to apply to the U.S. Air Force ROTC High School Scholarship Program (HSSP). You may be eligible for full or partial scholarships that help you pay for tuition. Apply for an Air Force ROTC scholarship during your senior year of high school.

Learn More About ROTC Scholarships

Step Four: Apply for Mines Scholarships

The Colorado School of Mines offers scholarships based on financial need and academic merit. Please inquire with the Financial Aid office for more information.

Mines Scholarships


Colorado School of Mines is an academically challenging school. Students will often take more than four years to graduate due to the sheer amount of classes each major requires. Colorado School of Mines specializes in STEM majors. The most popular majors are Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, and Electrical Engineering.

***During freshman year AS100 class is taught at Mines. You are required to sign up for that specific class***

Also, if you need further help, refer back to the main page click "How to Join" Tab, and then click "Step 4 Register for Class" to reference the Course Registration Briefing Powerpoint.

Register for AS Class and LLAB


Travel Time: ~30 min via CO-93

As an AS100 cadet, you will only have to go to CU-Boulder once a week. For all other AS years, you are required at a minimum to go to CU-Boulder twice a week. If you want to participate in extracurricular clubs or activities, expect to drive to Boulder more often.

Underclassmen cadets organize amongst themselves a carpool system. The cadet wing at Mines makes sure every cadet has transportation to Boulder and back.