ATLAS teaches students a new way to think about what is possible, and to use the computer as a tool to realize fully that vision. ATLAS teaches students not how to acquire information, but rather how to select, evaluate, integrate and synthesize information into usable knowledge. ATLAS acts as a campus and national resource in the area of technology for teaching and learning.
The ATLAS Institute is affiliated with the University of Colorado Graduate School and the College of Engineering & Applied Science.
ATLAS is distinguished by its efforts to:
- Establish collaborative multidisciplinary partnerships and programs.
- Prepare, attract and recruit a highly qualified and diverse student population.
- Help prepare these students for lives and leadership careers in the networked information age.
Current ATLAS Programs
- Technology, Arts and Media (TAM) undergraduate minor
- Technology, Media and Society Ph.D.
- Professional MS degree in ICT for Development
- Boulder Digital Works advanced digital communications and design programs
- Center for Media, Arts, and Performance
- Outreach partnerships with K-12 schools, including the Digital CUrrents summer workshop program
- Home to the headquarters of the National Center for Women and Information Technology
- Assessment Research Center
Read ATLAS News and Events