The Volunteer Resource Center (VRC) is hiring three student assistants. The VRC is a diverse team full of individuals who are excited to connect students with resources, engage and plan service opportunities for our campus with our communities, and make a larger social impact through education, service, and reflection. We invite you to read the job descriptions at the bottom of the page so you can learn about the requirements and expectations for each position, and then apply!
Applications Close December 5, 2021 at 11:59pm
Student Staff Positions
The hourly student staff positions will fill current vacancies or one for current staff who are graduating or departing this semester. The positions are scheduled to begin work on January 7, 2022 (by attending the mandatory spring student staff retreat), and will be scheduled for approximately 10-12 hours weekly. Hourly pay for student staff in these roles starts at $15.00/hr. The available positions are as follows:
- Events and Education Student Assistant
- Assist the VRC in planning, implementing, and executing large and small-scale service events. Student assistants in this role will also engage in the facilitation and planning of programs and services that focus on volunteering, service-learning, social justice, and understanding the root causes of community issues.
- CU Serves Assistant
- Assist the VRC in managing official partnerships while engaging in outreach to on-campus and non-profit community partners in the area through email, phone, and in-person visits. Student assistants in this role will also assist in reviewing applications, intaking applicants, identifying skills and placing students with on and off-campus community partners for the duration of the placement agreement.
- Outreach & Events Assistant
- Will assist in promoting VRC programs and services across campus through presentations, attending student organization meetings, tabling, and flyering. Student assistants in this role will also assist the VRC in planning, implementing, and executing large and small-scale service events. This position will serve in the outreach role during the spring semester, assisting with events. The position will then transition fully to an Events & Education Assistant at the conclusion of the spring semester.
For more information on all of the positions available, please check the job descriptions in the links below.