The CU Boulder Student Employee of the Year Award recognizes and honors student employees for their contributions to the university community. Students are nominated by faculty and staff members.
- Enrolled in a CU Boulder degree program at least half time as an undergraduate student. Graduate students and Teaching Assistants are not eligible.
- There is no restriction on student's length of employment.
All nominated students and their nominators will be invited to a luncheon with the Chancellor in April to celebrate.
- The first place campus winner will receive Buff Gear donated by the CU Bookstore and will be nominated for National Student Employee of the Year to honor their accomplishments.
- The second place campus winner will receive Buff Gear, donated from Student Employment within the Office of Financial Aid.
How to Nominate
Write a letter, no more than two pages, briefly describing why you're nominating the student for recognition. Include an outline of your student employee's accomplishments over the past year and how they contributed to the work place. Provide specific examples of how your student employee demonstrated outstanding diversity and inclusion in their role.
Letter must include:
- University or departmental letterhead
- Student name, email address, position title, and department where position is held
- Supervisor name and email address
- Statement that CU Boulder is a 4-year institution
- Signature of person submitting
To submit: email nomination letter as PDF or word document to email@example.com with subject line 'Student Employee of the Year Nomination'.
View printer-friendly version of nomination instructions.
The deadline to email nominations is February 15, 2023.